Saturday, July 28, 2012

4th of July - the dessert table!

We had a small afternoon party to celebrate July 4th. Here are some photos from the dessert table. I made the July ABC, Classic Fruit Tart, for the party. I also made one of my favorite cakes, Golden Lemon Almond Cake, a strawberry-blueberry fruit salad, some watermelon and a delicious fruit platter courtesy of mom.


the stars and stripes

a patriotic watermelon

I like to mix fresh strawberries and blueberries with a sprinkle of sugar,
some vanilla and then add some champagne or a bit of liquor...
chambord (black raspberry), framboise (raspberry) or cointreau (orange)
all work well

so pretty

and delicious!

I made some whipped cream and mixed it with the raspberry sauce

yummy!

time to dig in

juicy watermelon

my mom brought this amazing fruit platter. The pineapple was so juicy and delicious.


Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment