Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Avid Baker's Challenge: Emergency Blender Cupcakes

This month's Avid Baker's Challenge choice is the Emergency Blender Cupcakes from The Weekend Baker by Abby Dodge.

In February we made Glazed Cinnamon Rolls and in January, Nut-Crusted Chocolate-Banana Swirl Cake. Both were delicious so I was looking forward to making these chocolaty cupcakes. But then life got in the way and I was super busy at the beginning of the month so I decided to skip this month. But then...I took a look at the cupcakes that my fellow ABCers made and had a family game night coming up so...I had to give them a go. I'm really glad that I did because they were easy and delicious. I followed the changes that Hanaâ made (you can find her Emergency Blender Cupcakes recipe here) and came out with 12 moist and scrumptious chocolate cupcakes. They were a big hit - my husband ate three (so I guess he liked them!) and the rest disappeared by the end of game night. All of the ingredients are pantry staples, so I will definitely make these again.

A few pictures:

mise en place - pantry staples!

done and ready to be frosted with a quick and easy ganache

ready for game night!

even though they were chocolate on chocolate, they were not overpowering

so moist and delicious!


Bye for now...

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so happy you made them :o) And even happier that you, your hubby and your guests loved them. I love how shiny your ganache frosting turned out.
    I've made these many times and just love 'em. Definitely my go-to choc cupcake recipe. Some of our ABC bakers in Europe who also used Dutch cocoa had some issues with this recipe, mainly because natural cocoa and Dutch cocoa are not interchangeable. I'm glad you had no issues when you followed my changes. Thanks for trying it out, Alice :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cupcakes are wonderful! My kids love them. Really moist and chocolaty, delicious with the choc frosting! I love the shiny look of your frosting!

    ReplyDelete