Saturday, July 2, 2016

Milk Bread

Hello blog...I'm back! I've had a really busy couple of years working full-time and going to grad school, and the past year was especially busy as I was working and doing my clinical internship. But, I graduated in May (yippee!) and am now getting back into more of a regular schedule...which means, yay, more time for baking and blogging. I have a bunch of old photos from the past year or so, so I'll be playing catch up with several new posts.

Up first, Milk Bread!

look at this gorgeous bread...

yummy!

I love making bread from scratch. There aren't many things better than the smell of bread happily baking away, or a nice thick slice from a warm, homemade loaf fresh out of the oven slathered with butter and jam. Yum!

Last year I was on a bit of a bread-making kick and decided to try this delicious Asian milk bread recipe from The Woks of Life - a family-run cooking/baking blog. I discovered this blog last year when I made their amazing homemade Chinese BBQ pork and pork fried rice. They have tons of recipes and drool-worthy photos. I might have to make another round of the Chinese BBQ pork, the milk bread dough, and try their pork buns next. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

But for today, here is my take on milk bread. The recipe is very easy - a few simple ingredients, mix them together, knead, rise, shape, rise again, bake, and eat! The bread bakes up to a lovely deep golden color and has a light, tender crumb.

mise en place - so simple!

everything gets mixed together

the first rise

the dough is shaped and set aside for the second rise

baked to a beautiful golden brown

so pretty!

the bread has a wonderful texture - light and airy

time to try a piece...

delicious!


Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment