Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love chocolate chip cookies. And, of course, they are best right out of the oven with the gooey middles still warm and melty...pure delight! I generally use the Toll House Cookie recipe since I know it by heart but I prefer to use better quality chocolate chips and I usually add some nutmeg.

Although I didn't add nuts to this batch, I also like to process the cup of nuts to a fine grind (instead of chopping them) because it gives the cookies a really nice texture and the hint of nutty flavor. And, finally, since chocolate chip cookies are best fresh from the oven, I will never bake up the full batch, but rather just set the unbaked cookies on a sheet pan and them freeze them. Once they are frozen I store them in a freezer bag and just bake up a few whenever I need a little chocolate fix.

Enjoy!

mise en place

creaming the butter and sugar

in go the eggs

then the flour

and finally the chips (and nuts) get stirred in

I use a mini scoop so all of the cookies bake evenly

the first scoop is the same size as the last

ready for the freezer

warm, gooey and delicious!

Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment