Sunday, January 30, 2011

In the classroom: Holiday Cookies, Dec. 2010

In December, my sister-in-law and I took a holiday cookie making class at the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts. I've signed up several classes this fall and winter and have loved every minute of it! I wish I could do their full-time professional pastry chef program...but for now a few classes a year will have to do.

We made some red and white twisted candycane cookies (they looked pretty but the dough was dry and they were hard to twist), some "stained glass" cookies and also some lemon shortbread and orange shortbread. At the end of class all the students swap what we've made so we each brought home a huge box of cookies. Yum!

the candycane cookies before baking

our boxes of cookies to take home

Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment