Sunday, January 30, 2011

Roasted winter vegetables

Tonight I made some butternut squash and sweet potatoes for lunch and dinner this week. The roasted butternut squash has become a favorite this winter. It's super easy, healthy and delicious.

I split the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, rub a little olive oil on each and sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Bake cut side down at 425 for about 45 minutes then turn off the oven and leave inside for about 15 additional minutes. Scrumptious! Tonight I also cooked up a few small sweet potatoes. I washed the potatoes, pierced with a fork a few times on the side facing up and sprinkled with a little sea salt.

I'm not sure if it was leaving the sweet potatoes in the oven after turning it off or I just happened to get some extra special potatoes, but they came out so incredibly smooth, silky, flavorful and delicious. They look sort of shriveled up and deflated but they tasted fantastic!

cooked butternut squash (flipped over after cooling)

yum

delicious sweet potatoes


Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment