Friday, April 6, 2012

Fresh juice! Carrot, apple & ginger

My friend and I decided to do a juice cleanse to celebrate spring so, first things first, it was time to buy a new kitchen gadget. We both bought the Breville BJE200XL 700-Watt Compact Juice Fountain. The motor sounds as powerful as a mini jet engine (but luckily not as loud) and it only took seconds to grind up the veggies and fruit. My friend's first juice was a cucumber-apple-ginger, mine was a carrot-apple-ginger juice. Both were delicious! I wasn't quite sure I could jump right into some of the green veggie juices (kale in a juice?! I'll get there soon) so I started with something a little newbie-friendly.

I took a handful of baby carrots, one Rainier apple and about 1/2 inch of fresh ginger. They all went into the juicer and delicious carrot-apple-ginger juice came out. It was so fresh tasting and chock full of vitamins! Both the carrot and apple taste came through and the ginger added a spicy kick.

It was really fun. I can't wait to try some more adventurous recipes.

my new juicer...exciting!

fresh carrots, an apple and a bit of ginger go in...

and voila, juice!

it was so fresh and tasty

I'll have to figure out different ways to use the pulp - so much healthy fiber!


Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment