Saturday, May 4, 2013

Avid Baker's Challenge: Supermoist Banana-Nut Muffins

Here is one more from my Avid Baker's Challenge group's 2012 book, The Weekend Baker by Abby Dodge. These Supermoist Banana-Nut Muffins were very easy to pull together (and I feel like I always have overripe bananas around!) and were very good. You could easily adjust the spices, but even by the recipe, they was delicious - moist with a great banana flavor.

I've already made this recipe - in a loaf pan - at least twice since the first time (July 2012) and have some overripe bananas sitting on the counter right now so will probably be making another loaf tomorrow. I think I prefer this recipe as a loaf. As cupcakes - unless you plan to eat them all the day they are made - they tend to dry out a little. But, as a loaf, it's much more moist and remains moist for several days. Day (or two) old, toasted and served with butter and a drizzle of butter...the best!

mise en place - this cake is very easy to make

dry ingredients are added to the wet

to avoid over-mixing, add the nuts before the flour is fully incorporated

one last stir and...done!

I use a scoop so all the cupcakes are the same size

done - they would be delicious with a smear of creamcheese frosting

a close up

are they cool enough to eat yet??

yummy - very light and tender


Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment