Saturday, May 11, 2013

Revisiting Buttery Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls

I originally made these delicious Buttery Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls as part of the Avid Baker's Challenge club. I made them again for a make-your-own BLT lunch party, and then again two weeks ago. They are really lovely rolls. Light and tender and pretty easy to make, even if you have a fear of break-making.

Here are my photos from my most recent adventures with Buttery Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls. The recipe can be found on page 208 of The Weekend Baker by Abby Dodge. I definitely recommend giving these rolls a go. We're having a BBQ next weekend so I'm planning to try to make these double-sized so we can use them as hamburger buns. I'll let you know how it goes...Can't wait!


mise en place - you probably already have all of these ingredients in your kitchen

so easy - the dry ingredients get mixed together - no need to even proof the yeast, which I love!

voila - the dough has come together beautifully

it goes into an oiled bowl and is set aside for the first rise

risen to double its size

slightly deflated and ready to be split into rolls

using a bench scrapper, cut into 16 equal pieces (a scale really helps here)

my little bits of dough, ready to be rolled into...well, rolls
roll each one in your palm, against the countertop, using your thumb
to force it in the shape of a ball...

...and then you end up with these pretty round rolls;
set them aside in a buttered pan for the second rise

ready for baking

when they are fresh out of the oven, brush some melted butter over the tops

so pretty!

and so light and tender inside

ready to enjoy


Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment