Saturday, May 4, 2013

Avid Baker's Challenge: Warm Cinnamon-Spiced Blueberry Cake

I haven't baked with my friends from the Avid Baker's Challenge group in months, but this is a recipe from last year from our 2012 book, The Weekend Baker by Abby Dodge. I enjoyed my Blueberry Galette from this book much more than this Warm Cinnamon-Spiced Blueberry Cake (page 70).

The flavor of the cake itself was quite nice - a lovely blend of spices - but overall I found it to be a little lacking...in something...and was disappointed that the crumb topping wasn't fully moistened and blended into the cake. I would probably pass on making this one again, or perhaps make a an upsidedown cake and put the fruit and "topping" on the bottom and then flip it over after baking. It would be delicious served with vanilla ice cream.

Here are my Warm Cinnamon-Spiced Blueberry Cake photos from July 2012.

mise en place

final mix of the batter - the cake itself was easy to make

you can almost see the specks of spices in the batter

mixing the topping

ready to bake

hmmm...this looks exactly the same as when it went it.

I wish the topping had been more incorporated into the cake...
but on the plus side, it smelled amazing!

definitely missing some vanilla ice cream

moist with a nice light crumb...time for a bite


Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment