Saturday, May 4, 2013

Blueberry Muffins (Baking with Julia)

In writing up some of these 2012 adventures in baking posts, I realize I was going through quite a blueberry phase last summer. So far, I've made:

Blueberry Galette
Warm Cinnamon-Spiced Blueberry Cake
Blueberry Crisp
Blueberry Crumble

And now, these amazingly light Blueberry Muffins, courtesy of Julia Child's Baking with Julia. Rick Katz is the contributing baker for this recipe. This is one of my all-time favorite cookbooks. I can always tell my favorite cookbooks from those that are just okay by the number of dog-eared pages, pages stuck together, and notes in the margins. This book has all of those hallmarks and more. Julia Child was a master! And, I love that she didn't find her passion until later in life...gives hope to all of us who may still be looking.

mise en place

for cupcakes, the blueberries get covered in flour, which keeps them mixed
evenly throughout the batter instead of falling to the bottom as they bake

creaming the butter and suger

eggs, added

wet and dry ingredients added...

and mixed well

then the blueberries are gently stirred in

scooped into the muffin papers

and baked until golden brown

beautiful!

a close-up of a sprinkle of turbinado sugar on the top

an amazingly light and tender crumb


Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment